:: Philosophy and Objectives ::
staff of College of Nursing believe that the nursing is an integral
part of Health care, in which the nurses are important partners
in health care system.
We believe that the nurses trained at degree, diploma level are
equipped with scientific based thorough knowledge and are competent
to give total comprehensive nursing care.
We also believe that the nurses thus trained are able to understand
and comprehend the social and health related problems in the hospital
setting and the community and will be able to intervene and work
as a social change agents.
We also believe that by the end of this training they develop all
the potential leadership quality and contribute towards the progress
of changing health needs of the society with love and compassion.
We also believe in projecting our selfless service with true and
compassion, installing in the minds of our students in developing
all round personality.
Mission Statement of MMC and College of Nursing:
We me management and staff of Miraj Medical Centre and College of
Nursing affirm our conviction and faith in delivering quality patient
care to all these who need health care, irrespective of caste, creed
religion and sex. The College of Nursing has a loyalty to work in
a team with team spirit in imparting value based nursing education
at degree and diploma level to prepare them to contribute with knowledge
and skill to build healthy community and a nation at large.
Objectives of the Course -
The students at the end of training at degree, and diploma level
1) Be able to access the total nursing care needs of the individual
patients and families in depth and meet these needs by utilizing
all possible resources, with scientific based knowledge.
2) Be able to develop skill and give quality bedside nursing care
in hospital and community health set up.
3) Be aware of the various forces affecting the community social
health and welfare programmes, & be able & willing to participate
in planning and carrying out community health programmes.
4) Be able to develop skills to teach both formally and informally
in clinical areas and in nursing education programmes,
5) Be able to critically evaluate the areas which need improvement
and bring about possible changes.
6) Be able to delegate, guide and co-ordinate the care given by
other allied health personnel and non professional workers.
7) Be able to assume greater responsibility and leadership in the
health team and direct others to render a high standard of nursing
8) Be able to assume beginning positions of responsibility and make
a maximum contribution to the promotion and growth of the profession.
9) Be able to develop understanding of research methodology &
recognize the need of nursing research.